2023 Senior Scholarships
Paying for college can be a challenging time for all families. Flagler County strives to go above and beyond for our graduates. This year more than 50 local businesses and organizations came together to help ease the minds of our graduating seniors by awarding 175 scholarships totaling over $450,000. Scholarships were awarded to seniors going to college and trade schools. The close-knit Flagler Community continues to support the development of our youth with their generosity.
The 2020-2021 school year was still not quite back to normal, and we were not able to have an in-person ceremony due to COVID-19 restrictions. We couldn't let that keep us from celebrating our seniors. Over 150 Flagler Schools staff members and community members came together to fan out across Flagler County in 30 teams for the 2021 Senior Scholarship "Drive & Surprise" event to visit the recipients at their homes. It was an amazing effort that made every recipient feel like a sweepstakes winner.
Are you interested in starting your own scholarship through FCEF? Click here
Check out some pictures below of our "Drive & Surprise" event.
2022-2023 Senior Scholarship Program Timeline
Below is the 2022-2023 timeline for the Senior Scholarship Program. We have also included helpful hints and a user guide to creating your Awardspring account. Don't forget to complete your application by January 13, 2023. Start early so you have enough time to complete the entire process. You will need to have your FAFSA completed before you start the process.
- October 26, 2022- Senior/Parent meeting @ MHS (6:00 pm)
- October 25, 2022- Senior/Parent meeting @ FPCHS (6:00 pm)
- December 5, 2022- Online platform opens for students to apply
- January 13, 2023- Online platform closes for student applications
- January 14, 2023- Organizations start reviewing applications
- April 10, 2023- Invitations for the 2023 Scholarship Ceremony distributed to students
- May 2, 2023- Scholarship Celebration (3-5:30 pm Bar-B-Que, Live Music & Celebration; 5:30 pm Scholarship Distribution)